Shapley's Original M-T-G
Treats a variety of skin problems quickly and easily, with results seen as soon as a day after the very first application. Original M-T-G successfully treats the following conditions: rain rot, dew poisoning, scratches, mud fever, greasy heal, sweet itch, girth itch, itchy skin, dandruff and tail rubbing. It has been touted to work on thrush and white line disease.
Formulated to eliminate the causative agent creating the skin problems so it treats at the source to dry up and heal the affected area. Its special ingredients also condition the skin and hair around the problem area which promotes both healthy skin and hair regrowth. Original M-T-G keeps the skin conditioned while creating a barrier against the elements. It offers quick relief and visible hair growth in 3-5 days.
Easy to use. Just rub a small amount into the affected area without disturbing or picking the scabs off. There is no need to rinse or wash out between applications. Once the area is healed and you want to wash the residue off just use Shapley's Hi-Shine Shampoo which is specially formulated to remove Original M-T-G quickly and easily. Shapley’s Easy-Out spray will also remove Original M-T-G both from the horse and from your hands.
Will grow mane and tail hair by as much as 3 inches a month. It is tested and proven by users to grow hair length and add volume. It creates a healthy environment for the hair follicle which results in maximum hair growth while keeping the hair soft and pliable to minimize breakage. All you need to do to grow mane and tail hair is to rub a small amount once a week at the base of the mane and on the tail bone of the horse. Again, there is no need to rinse or wash off between applications.
Will also work equally as well on dogs, cats and livestock to combat their skin problems including hot spots, itching and dry skin.
Available in 236ml and 946ml bottles.
- Shake bottle thoroughly to mix the sediment layer on bottom of bottle throughout the rest of the liquid in bottle. Continue to shake periodically during application.
- Apply directly to the problem spot using just enough to cover without applying too much and having the excess run down the horse.
- Don’t pick scabs off as it may be painful to the horse and cause slight swelling. The scabs will fall off on their own after the healthy skin grows back under the scab.
- After scratches heal on the horse’s legs, put a thin layer of Original M-T-G on the affected area before turnout in wet conditions to provide a barrier against the horse becoming re-infected.
- Do not share brushes, rugs, stables or paddocks with other horses, either with or without a skin problem, as fungal and bacterial infections are highly contagious. Wash anything that comes into contact with an infected horse so you won’t re-infect him after he heals. Brushes can be washed with a bleach solution to kill the fungus or bacteria, making sure to rinse well.
- The oil in Original M-T-G may make your horse sensitive to the sun and susceptible to sunburn. If the horse spends a lot of time in the direct sun you may want to apply Original M-T-G in early evening.
- Original M-T-G may produce heat when applied so you will want to be careful applying a leg wrap over top of it as it will act as a sweat.
- There is no need to wash out or rinse Original M-T-G between applications.
- Many people see the skin problem going away after just the first application.
- To grow mane or tail hair massage M-T-G into the base of the mane along the neck and on the tailbone of the horse once a week.
- When applying Original M-T-G, more is not always better. Apply sparingly.
Poly/Cotton blend with approximately 70% polyester and 30% cotton.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Within Australia we deliver all our orders via Australia Post - orders will be charged a flat rate of $15 AUD for Standard Australia Post.
If orders are received before 1pm (Eastern Standard Time) on a business day, it will be sent on that day. We try hard to deliver your order within 2 days but it will be longer if you live in a remote area.
Returns & Refunds
We are happy to exchange your product for a credit note on the strict conditions that it is: Within 30 days of purchase. The product is unworn, unwashed and in original condition. Must have all tags still attached. The receipt must be included with the return. Once your return is received at our store you will be issued with a Credit Note Voucher via email, which will allow you to repurchase any item of your choice. We regret that Saddleworld is unable to refund any shipping costs under any circumstance.